We’re always on the lookout for ways to utilize technology to help our auto dealership clients increase their profitability. One way to protect their assets is to utilize a lot management solution, which takes geofencing to another level for auto dealerships. To learn more about this technology, we asked the experts, Dean Powery and Richard Boyce at Protek Plus.
Lot Management Solutions Empower Auto Dealerships to:
- Know Vehicles’ Location – Your vehicles are tracked via GPS 24/7 and you can pinpoint each vehicle’s location via a mobile app anytime any day.
- Track Loaners, Part Vehicles & Demos – Be alerted when a loaner goes out of state or past a boundary you set, or exceeds a mileage or speed limit.
- Locate Lost Loaners or Stolen Vehicles – Know a vehicle’s location history and follow breadcrumb trails directly to the vehicle.
- Dead Battery Reports – Start each morning by handing your porter a report of vehicles that need charging.
- Aging Vehicle Reports – General Managers can easily determine which vehicles are sitting on the lot (and where they are located).
Benefits of Using a Lot Management Solution:
- Operation Efficiencies – Sales people, runners, and technicians can easily determine the exact location of any vehicle in seconds searching by stock or VIN.
- Smooth Sales – Professionally find cars via a mobile app instead of walking the lot clicking the alarm trying to find the vehicle (which can be on another lot) and never have a dead battery kill a test drive (and a sale) again.
- Improve Floor Plan Audits – Auditors can find vehicles in seconds instead of minutes (or hours) looking for a specific vehicle to validate the VIN.
- Inventory Tracking – Determine vehicles that aren’t moving fast enough and adjust your inventory as needed.
- Early Theft Detection – Be alerted when a vehicle goes off the lot after hours, including cases when employees borrow cars over the weekend.
- Lower Insurance Costs – With the ability to better track your inventory, your insurance premiums should go down.
The Protek GPS+ Dealership Lot Management Program has additional features that not all lot management programs have including a free consignment program and F&I resell opportunity that allows you to provide these benefits to your buyers. This system delivers complete inventory control and provides an opportunity to increase revenue with no money up front. Win-win.
If you’re not using a lot management program at your auto dealership, you’re missing out because these systems easily pay for themselves and the benefit of knowing where your inventory is located gives you peace of mind.