What We Do
My IT is one the top MSPs (Managed Service Providers) across the globe with a client-centric history spanning three decades and offices in both New Orleans and Shreveport. We serve as our clients’ in-house IT department and technology resource. In most cases, our clients are SMBs that do not have someone on staff with technical expertise. Our value comes from providing proactive strategy, not just responding to reactive support issues, thus the Proactive Services team.
The Network Administrator (Net Admin) works as a member of the Proactive Services Team to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network for managed clients. The position is highly client-facing both in-person and via phone and as such requires outstanding communication and client service skills. The Net Admin routinely reviews and documents all active network equipment and processes in managed client environments in order to verify the physical integrity of the equipment/environment, confirm equipment adherence to best practices standards, and identify any potential issues or opportunities.
Proactive Services Team members interact with many networks and clients daily, requiring agility, multitasking, and the ability to properly prioritize tasks.
Essential Duites & Responsabilités
- Provide responsive client service. Answer internal and external client/vendor calls quickly and pleasantly. Communicate in a friendly, professional and patient manner
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term client/vendor relationships
· Maintain exceptional client service, understanding client satisfaction and perception
IT Service and Support Functions
· Communicate with stakeholders to ensure superior service delivery to our managed clients.
· Perform quarterly reviews of client infrastructure and systems.
· Ensure that short and long-term IT strategies are being adhered to throughout the service lifecycle.
· Provide client end user training and explanation of the support process and interaction with our service delivery teams.
· Continuously look for opportunities to advance the My IT footprint within clients.
Documentation, Reporting and SLA’s
· Identify clients’ needs and report to vCIO
· Create and maintain configurations and documentation for all aspects of the client environment.
· Communicate new client onboarding activities with the Network Operations Center (NOC), service delivery and project teams.
· Utilize active listening and client-care skills in identifying potential concerns
· Report client concerns or complaints to vCIO
· Establish and maintain IT management best practices that reinforce client confidence.
· Answer internal and external communications timely and professionally
· Routinely take self-paced training in technologies relevant to the team
· Obtain industry certifications on a consistent basis
· Enter all notes and time worked on the appropriate service ticket
· Enter time worked on each ticket daily
· Schedule net admin reviews or other on-site matters via the scheduling calendar in ticketing system
· Enter expenses on service tickets for any related credit card purchases and submit receipts daily
· Submit time sheets on a weekly basis, due by Saturdays at 12P
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with end users over the phone and on-site
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to translate or quickly learn to translate technical terms to business language for non-technical clients
· Exemplify professionalism and business etiquette in all communication, including in-person, email, and phone interactions with client end users and colleagues
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Strong team player
· Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control and monitoring of server infrastructure
· Familiarity with network and server infrastructure equipment
· Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
· Experience with IT support
Education and/or Experience
· College or Technical degree OR 2 years of IT support experience related to Microsoft, HP, Dell and/or Cisco
· CompTIA certifications preferred
· Ability to communicate professionally, in English, both written and orally
· Ability to write business correspondence and process procedures
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid Driver’s License
· Regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone
· Frequently is required to walk and sit
· Moderately required to stand
· Occasionally needs to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
I understand that this job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. I understand that my responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.